About Dr. Clifford Green
I help you heal from sexual trauma, and overcome your sexual health concerns. I provide a safe space for members of the LGBTQ+ community. My goal is to empower you to get on the path toward living your best self.
Hi, I am Dr. Clifford Green.
Have you survived childhood sexual abuse or other sexual trauma?
Is your use of drugs or alcohol, fear, guilt, or shame, or other personal challenges impacting your sexual health?
Are you struggling to resolve conflict regarding your gender identity or sexual orientation?
Do you identify as LGBTQ+ and hope to foster acceptance among your friends, family, or coworkers?
If so, I want you to know that it can get better. If you can identify with these questions, I could help you feel calmer, and teach you the tools to manage your concerns. I am dedicated to working with people like you.
I believe that therapy is a collaborative process. By working together, we will explore the root of your insecurity, anxiety, or depression, and how it negatively impacts you. Some may find that these challenges lead them to act out impulsively or compulsively, leading to feelings of remorse, disgust, or anger. I am here to help you manage these difficult feelings. My style is warm, engaging, and compassionate, and I strive to connect with you and meet you wherever you are at in life.
You are not alone, and I am here to help you. You can rest assured that we will work together to help you move to a place of healing and strength. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with nearly 10 years of experience. My experience has taught me that trauma, despite the damage it can bring, can also be an opportunity for growth. If you are struggling, my priority is to help you experience a sense of relief and validation. I look forward to working with you.
Dr. Clifford Green
Dr. Clifford Green
Clinical Concerns That I Treat
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Excessive porn use
- Kink, fetish, BDSM, furries, polyamory, and other unconventional sexual practices, concepts, or fantasies
- LGBTQ+ related concerns
- Sexual trauma
- Navigating relationship and/or sexual issues with a criminal history or interaction with the criminal justice system
- Paraphilia related distress
- Performance Anxiety
- Premature Ejaculation
- Sex therapy with same-sex relationships
- Sex work related stressors
- Sexual concerns related to side-effects from taking psychotropic medications
- Sexual desire discrepancy
- Sexual dysfunctions resulting from or exacerbated by a mental health condition such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, or other medical condition
- Substance use disorders and sexual dysfunction
Fellowship in Human Sexuality:
- Fellowship in Sexual Health at the Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health (2021 to the Present)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Hawai‘i, LCSW-4581
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology – Chaminade University of Honolulu
- Master of Arts (MA) in Clinical Psychology – Hawai‘i School of Professional Psychology, Argosy University
- Master of Social Work (MSW), concentration in Behavioral Mental Health Social Work Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work, the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) in Social Work – Texas A&M International University
APA-Accredited Predoctoral Internship
- Hawai‘i Psychological Internship Consortium (Oahu Community Correctional Center)
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (Oahu Community Correctional Center)
- A Qualitative Study of MSW Experiences with Homeless Clients: Resilience Among Social Workers Working with Homeless Individuals Who Have Forensic Issues
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Hawai‘i Psychological Association (HPA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)