Hi, I am Krista Catafago, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
Are you feeling lost and worried? Tired of feeling shame and guilt?
Do you or others in your life have concerns about your sexual health? Do you wake up feeling depressed or anxious because of these struggles?
Are you having difficulty navigating the complex process of gender and sexual identity on your own?
I am here for you, and it is my privilege to help you navigate the labyrinth of life. As a therapist, I aim to create a safe space for you – where you feel understood and respected – so that we may work together to help you achieve a healthy sexual identity. As we push through the challenges you may face, such as depression, anxiety, or trauma, we will move forward to a path of self-acceptance and healing. I strive to lead you toward a discovery of your own inner peace and to help you achieve relief from the tension and pain of sexual trauma and unresolved sexual issues. My therapeutic space will be your solace, and I will work with you to find ways to create that refuge from within.
As a Mental Health Therapist, I have had the pleasure of working with clients of diverse backgrounds, orientations, and ages. I bring to therapy a spirit of optimism, unconditional positive regard, and openness to new ideas. My goal is to help you feel not only heard, but also understood and respected during each of our sessions.
I believe that our thoughts are powerful. The things we tell ourselves internally can work as our greatest ally or can become our worst enemy. I utilize Narrative Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy elements in my approach so that you may develop internal strength and a more positive life story. Change for the better is within your reach, and through our work together, I will help you heal and achieve a more peaceful present and future.
I am committed to meeting your needs so that you may find the courage to take actions that will lead you to more contentment, self-love, and joy. It is a tremendous step to decide to reach out and seek help. I am so excited to meet you and to help you move away from struggles and self-doubt and toward a spirit of ease and tranquility.
Krista Catafago, LMHC
- Anxiety and stress
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Guilt and shame
- Low Sexual Interest / Arousal Disorder
- Marital problems
- Out of Control Sexual Behavior(s)
- Premature Ejaculation
- Reproductive health
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Health Dysfunctions
- Sexual Pain Disorders
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Excessive porn use
- Relationship and couples’ problems
- Kink, fetish, BDSM, furries, polyamory, and other unconventional sexual practices, concepts, or fantasies
- LGBTQ+ related concerns
- Out of Control Sexual Behaviors
- Sexual trauma
- Sex work related stressors
- Sexual concerns related to side-effects from taking psychotropic medications
- Sexual dysfunctions resulting from or exacerbated by a mental health condition such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, or other medical condition
Human Sexuality Fellowship
- Fellowship in Sexual Health at the Hawaii Center for Sexual and Relationship Health (2021 to the Present)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor, State of Hawaii, MHC-793-0
- Masters of Science in Counseling Psychology – Chaminade University of Honolulu
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology – Davidson College