About Nicole Thomas
Offering a safe space to engage in conversations that matter to you. Together, we will explore the stressors and challenges impacting your sexual health and wellness, giving you the ability to move forward on life’s path. We will tap into your inherent strengths, bringing awareness and perspective to your healing and expanding your capacity to improve your life and your relationships.
How I Can Help
Are you experiencing difficulty adjusting to changes in your sexual health, identity, body image, self-worth, or relationships due to an illness or medical concern, such as cancer or infertility? Are you looking for a safe space to discuss your sexuality, gender, or reproductive health concerns? Do you need a compassionate witness as you explore your grief, loss, trauma, or other challenges associated with sexuality, sexual health, or other sexual/reproductive issues? If so, I can offer a safe space where authenticity, compassion, and integrity are brought into every healing experience.
My goal is to provide compassionate, sex-positive, affirmative care, accompanying you on your journey and helping foster growth, strength, acceptance, and healing as we explore the barriers and stressors impacting the multiple dimensions of health and wellbeing. It is hard to talk about topics that make you feel vulnerable. I would be honored to provide a refuge where we can have an open conversation about the feelings, emotions, and thoughts you may be experiencing regarding sexual health and identity.
For the past ten years, I have worked as a clinical social worker in oncology, and I am excited to now join the Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health to specialize in sexual, gender, and reproductive health. I value and work from a humanistic approach-ensuring an empathetic, understanding, and non-judgmental space to talk. I utilize various approaches to help my clients explore self and relationships, including cognitive, behavioral, acceptance-based, expressive arts, and mindfulness-based techniques.
At times, we may feel there are parts of ourselves we need to hide from our loved ones and the world. I believe that we all have these parts, and I strive to create a safe space where all parts are welcome without judgment. I look forward to accompanying you on your journey to acceptance and healing.
Clinical Concerns That I Treat
- Adjustment Disorder
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Sexuality and Body Image Concerns
- Sexual Dysfunctions
- Sexual Identity
- Sexual and Relationship Satisfaction
- LGBTQIA+ Affirmative Care
- Non-monogamy Affirmative Care
- Embarrassment about sex
- Infertility and Reproductive Health
Human Sexuality Fellowship
- Fellowship in Sexual Health at the Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health (2021 to present)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Hawaii, LCSW # 4648-0
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Idaho, LCSW # 38680
- Oncology Social Work Certification, Board of Oncology Social Work
- Master of Social Work-New Mexico State University
- Master of Public Health-New Mexico State University
- Bachelor of Science, Family and Consumer Sciences- New Mexico State University
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists