Hi, I’m Micaela “Mic” Hines, the Hawaii Center for Sexual and Relationship Health’s Administrative Assistant.
I can answer your questions regarding services, benefits, and scheduling.
I am here to guide, support, and assist with connecting you to a therapist that is the best fit for you and can meet with you at times that work for you.
I look forward to connecting with you.
Our goal is to provide a safe space for you to explore your concerns and collaboratively assist you to learn new effective ways to start living your life more fully. We are a private practice that prides itself on providing specialized services in the areas of relationship and sex therapy, out of control sexual behaviors, sexual dysfunctions, sexual desire discrepancy, LGBTQ+ sex therapy, and gender and sexually diverse populations. For more information about our services, click here.
Before We Start
- Are you currently located in Hawaii? If you are seeking therapy with your partner, are you both located in Hawaii?
You (and your partner) must be located in Hawaii to receive therapy services. We are unable to provide services
if you are not located in Hawaii.
- Due to COVID-19, we are only meeting our clients via telehealth. We are not conducting face-to-face meetings at this time.
- What is the reason you are seeking therapy?
- Will your partner be joining you for conjoint therapy?
- Do you plan to use your medical insurance? If so, what is the name of your carrier and subscriber number? Does your partner have medical insurance?
- Do you need specific days and times to attend sessions? Do you have flexibility in your schedule?
Ready to Get Started
- Request an appointment from our scheduling link here. Once you have received confirmation of your appointment from our office staff, you will be invited to register on our client portal. From the client portal, we will share various forms with you, including the intake, therapist-client agreement, insurance, and credit card forms.
- When you request an appointment, please list your insurance type, subscriber number, and a brief description of what you are seeking therapy for and specify if you are seeking individual or conjoint therapy in the “Message to Practice” section. This will ensure that we schedule you with the provider that is the best fit for you. Please note, we will do our best to assist you, however; your request for an appointment does not guarantee an appointment.
- If you’d prefer for us to reach out to you to schedule an appointment, complete our contact form instead, and our office staff will contact you via phone/text. Click here for our Contact Form.
- Once your appointment has been confirmed, please complete your registration 2 business days prior to your first appointment. Per clinic policy, we are unable to meet with you unless your registration on the client portal has been completed and confirmed.
We value meeting with you and will prioritize your time. When clients provide ample notice to cancel, we are able to offer the open slot to a client who is waiting to be seen. When clients cancel in less than 2 business days, clients who need an appointment, are not able to be scheduled. If you have to cancel or reschedule your appointment, our policy is that you notify us 2 business days in advance of your appointment. If you do not cancel your scheduled appointment 2 business days in advance or do not show up, you will be billed the full session fee of $250 to the credit card on file the day of your missed appointment. Please note that we are unable to bill your insurance for late cancellations or no-shows.
Therapy Notes Telehealth
Due to Covid-19, we are only conducting telehealth sessions. To join a telehealth session, log in to your client portal. Any telehealth sessions that are ready for you to join will appear at the top of your home page.
Telehealth sessions allow you and your provider to meet in the comfort and convenience of your own homes. Any device with a camera, microphone, compatible web browser, and Internet access is suitable for a telehealth session. All calls use peer-to-peer connections with end-to-end encryption for maximum privacy and security.
HMSA Online (HOC) Appointments
If you are meeting with your therapist via the HMSA Online Care portal, please register 24 hours in advance. Here are the instructions. It may take about 15-20 minutes to register.
Copays / Coinsurance & Deductibles
Contact your insurance provider to understand your benefits in detail. Depending on your plan, you may owe a copay/visit + 4.712% tax.
If you have a deductible, please be sure to inform our office. It is your responsibility to be aware of your deductible and any payments owed towards your deductible based on services rendered.
Quotes from your insurance company to HCSRH are not a guarantee of coverage. We provide benefit information as a courtesy and we will do our best to answer questions you might have, but you are ultimately responsible for understanding your coverage.
All payments, including copays, cost of tax, private pay packages, and no show/late cancel fee assessments, are settled via your credit card on file via the Therapy Notes client portal. If your credit card is declined, we will contact you to update it or provide an alternative credit card. Your copay/coinsurance will be automatically withdrawn at the beginning of your appointment.
If you are paying out of pocket, please complete the private pay agreement, which must be completed prior to your first session. If you have insurance accepted by HCSRH, this does not apply to you. Here is the link to the private pay agreement.
If you are a Kaiser client, please contact Kaiser’s IBH call center at 808-432-7600 or toll-free 1-888-945-7600 and request an authorization to see [Provider’s name] at Sex Therapy Hawaii, LLC or Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health 48-36 hours before your first appointment. Currently, the only therapists that are able to accept Kaiser insurance are Dr. Clifford Green and Dr. Lori Lawrenz.
The Hawaii Center for Sexual and Relationship Health is proud to be paperless, therefore all forms are completed electronically.
If you need assistance, please contact us by phone or text at 808-500-5700 or by email: email@example.com